Day 9 was quite productive for Team Nigeria in the Athletics event as two gold medal were earned and a number of athletes gained progress in their respective categories.
- Samuel Kure missed out of qualification to the final of the event. He threw a lifetime best of 73.49m to finish 8th.
- The team composed of Enoch Adegoke, Ugho-Ughene Egwero, Seye Ogunlewe and Usheoritse Itsekiri gave their best to finish third in the qualifying round. The team clocked 38.52secs.
- The team faced disqualification in the event and thus failed to advance to the final.
- Suwaibidu Galadima finished first in a time of 11.04secs in the event’s (men) final to win Gold medal.
- Oluwatobiloba Amusan clocked 12.68secs in the event’s final to finish first and claim gold medal.
- Stephen Mozia missed out of medal positions (7th) in the men’s final with a throw of 59.58m.