A good number of Team Nigeria’s athletes recorded progress in their respective campaigns in Day 6 of the ongoing Commonwealth Games.
- Henry Okorie finished 7th in the men’s heat and thus failed to qualify for the final. He clocked 52.14secs.
- Rilwan Alowonle qualified as one of the fastest losers also in the men’s heat. He finished 4th with a lifetime best record of 49.49secs.
- Glory Nathaniel finished third in a lifetime best record of 55.01secs to earn qualification to the final in the women’s heat.
- Rita Ossai however did not finish her race in the women’s heat as she stumbled on a hurdle. She thus failed to qualify.
- Praise Idamadudu finished fourth in a time of 23.55secs in the women’s heat to secure a berth in the semis.
- Emmanuel Arowolo finished third in a time of 20.99secs in the men’s heat to earn qualification as one of the fastest losers to the semi-finals of the event.
- Blessing Ibrahim leaped 13.84m and failed to make medal positions, finishing fifth in the women’s final.
- Queen Obisesan missed out of medal positions as she finished fifth in the women’s final. She had a result of 63.84m.
- Yinka Ajayi impressed in the women’s semi-finals. She clocked 51.81secs to finish second place and secure a berth in the final.