Nigeria’s national basketball team, D’Tigers will commence their 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers campaign on Friday, February 23 and a number of regular team players will not be available for selection.
According to reports from BballNaija, the trio of Ike Nwamu, Ikechukwu Iroegbu and Mike Gbinije, who all play in the NBA G League, were ruled out of the team due to club commitments.
The team is also devoid of three regular home-based players Eli Abraham, AbdulWahab Yakubu and Musa Usman Mohammed. However, Abraham travelled with the 12-man squad as the coach sees him as a back-up.
1. Bryant Mbamalu (CD Vildivia, CHILE)
2. Ike Diogu (Schun Blue Whales, CHINA)
3. Ayodeji Akindele (Belediye Spor, TURKEY)
4. Ben Uzoh (unattached)
5. Ofoegbu Uche (unattached)
6. Ojo Michael Adetokunbo (Worcester Wolves, UK)
7. Mike Efevberha (Sagesse, LEBANON)
8. Obi Emenago (Rouen Basket, FRANCE)
9. Omogbo Emmanuel (VL Pesaro, ITALY)
10. Nwogbo Lotana Afam (Sendai 89ers, JAPAN)
11. Talib Zanna (Ironi Nes-Ziona, ISRAEL)
12. Christopher Obekpa Ewaoche (Tranzaspor, TURKEY).
The 2015 AfroBasket champions, who recently unveiled new kits ahead of the qualifiers, will take on Uganda on Friday, February 23 before squaring up against Rwanda on Saturday and facing host, Mali on Sunday.